Re: kernel compiling problems on iMac CRT

By the way, you shouldn't reply to a message in some other thread and
change the subject. That breaks mailing list archives and mailers that
follow threads.

On  25 Jun, this message from Martin-Éric Racine echoed through
cyberspace:
>> On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 09:53:10AM +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
>> > Most things work, except for sound, yet I have enabled
>> > CONFIG_DMASOUND_PMAC=m (I also tried to compile it built-in,
>> > before). Syslog complains that:
>> >
>> > Jun 10 09:36:00 omena modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-10-134

char 10 134 is /dev/apm_bios. Did you start X just before? Then you are
lacking kernel apm emulation. Anyway, unrelated to sound.

>> > Jun 10 09:36:07 omena modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-1

This is the second sound card,

>> > Jun 10 09:36:07 omena modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-service-1-0

and this the corresponding mixer device /dev/mixer1.

Try 'modprobe dmasound_pmac' by hand and report the results.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |