Re: some basic problems with ppc assembler

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 05:02:40PM +0000, paubert wrote:
> It is specified in the ABI for functions with variable number of argumentsi:
> the crxor indicates that no parameters have been passed in the floating point
> registers so an integer only task will not save fpr1-fpr8 to walk the
> argument list in va_arg. OTOH if you call a variadic functions with
> floating point parameters, the call will be preceded by creqv 6,6,6.

Do you actually have a document for the official ABI? I found a link
to a document in some old messages, but it was a dead link. A generic
search of the web didn't turn up anything, although I might have
been searching for the wrong words...

I've been trying to piece it together based on gcc, but that's
kind of a clumsy way to figure it out.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com