Re: updated kernel problem

Hi,

Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

> I used the regular Debian kernel-source-2.4.20 and
> kernel-patch-2.4.20-powerpc, not Ben's patches (even though they
> are suppose to improve over Debian's), btw.  The configuration
> file I used to build the kernel was enclosed in that post too.

The config file looks alright to me.  I strongly suggest you go and
build a benh kernel (either directly from his tree, which will get you
2.4.21-ben1, or from the Debian package kernel-patch-benh, which now
reflects the state of 2.4.20-ben10) and come back here with the output
of "depmod -a; modprobe dmasound" when you got it running.

Sven Luther writes:

> Ok, ok, altough i have to warn you, i have no pmac hardware, but if it
> is only a build problem, then i can handle it.

It is not, judging from the very limited amount of information in the
post.

> Also, which version of kernel-source-2.4.20 and which gcc where you
> using ?

This should not affect the dmasound driver.

> Will try to fish the bugreport out of the archive now.

<URL:http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/debian-powerpc-200306/
msg00267.html>

Regards, Jens.

--