Re: updated kernel problem

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 03:04:20AM +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> > > Please see the following post, before claiming nobody ever mentioned it:
> > >
> > > Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:53:10 +0300 (EEST)
> > > From: Martin-Éric Racine <q-funk@pp.fishpool.fi>
> > > To: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
> > > Subject: kernel compiling problems on iMac CRT
> >
> > Please read my message again.  That is neither filing a bug nor telling
> > the maintainer.  I try to read this list, but posting to a list is no
> > substitute for dealing with the responsible people directly.
>
> Well, OK, you've seen the message by now, but you're no longer the maintainer. I
> guess that allows you to help out, only when you feel so inclined. Fair enough.:)
>
> Sven, would you be so kind as to look into the problem?

A, yes, sure i can, altough i will respond you the same Dan responded to
you, please fill a propper bug report with the full description of the
problem. I follow d-p, but apparently missed this problem, which is only
normal with the amount of mail one gets to read.

> I used the regular Debian kernel-source-2.4.20 and kernel-patch-2.4.20-powerpc,
> not Ben's patches (even though they are suppose to improve over Debian's), btw.
> The configuration file I used to build the kernel was enclosed in that post too.

Ok, ok, altough i have to warn you, i have no pmac hardware, but if it
is only a build problem, then i can handle it.

Also, which version of kernel-source-2.4.20 and which gcc where you
using ?

Will try to fish the bugreport out of the archive now.

Friendly,

Sven Luther