Great Debian / KDE! But, I can`t print and can`t hear any sound!

Hello There!

I just installed Debian and KDe in my 233 iMac (after a few bumps) and I'm amazed with its looks and speed. I enjoyed a lot knowing that "there is intellingent life outside of Windows/Office".

But I can't configure may USB printer and I don't have sound! I researched a little bit and apparently I will have to rebuild the kernel. Is that so? Isn`t that a dangerous thing for a newbie to perform? How do I do it?

I would appreciate a lot some help.

The other thing is that I can't put my USB floppy drive and my ZIP-100 drive to work. Once again in my little research I found out that it is necessary to "mount them". How do I do it? Is it needed to "mount/unmount" them every single time one turns on/off the system?

Thanks for your attention

Leonidas.

MSN Messenger: converse com os seus amigos online. http://messenger.msn.com.br