DVD burning question

I am a debian user that runs a cube (which I have loved from the moment
I first saw it.  Anyway....)  I have found a source for an internal
DVD-RW drive:

http://www.mcetech.com/sdcube.html

Two questions:

1) Does anyone have any comment on DVD burning with PPC Linux, in
particular Woody?  I am mostly interested in data, but I am somewhat
interested in burning discs that could be used in a DVD player (video,
or perhaps some way to burn my pictures onto a DVD and view them on my
DVD player).

2) The installation manual:
http://www.mcetech.com/pdfs/sdcube_install.pdf.sit
says that the drive is an IDE Master and *CANNOT* be changed to slave.
Am I going to run into any problems booting?  Do I just need to do a
"s/hda/hdb/" in my yaboot and /etc/fstab files?  Is it going to be easy
to switch my boot disk from hda to hdb?  Am I correct in thinking that
switching my hard disk to slave will result in it becoming hdb?

Thanks for any comments!

POB.
--
boykin@pobox.com    http://pobox.com/~boykin    jabber: johnynek@jabber.org
fingerprint=159A FA02 DF12 E72F B68F  5B2D C368 3BCA 36D7 CF28