Re: 2.4.21-ben ?

On 18 Jun 2003, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 23:35, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
>
> > Btw, did you spot my post a few days back about the kernel I built from
> > kernel-source-2.4.20, which produces the correct dmseg output to indicate that
> > burgundy drivers are loaded, but still produces no sound and complains about a
> > missing sound card?  any idea as to what might cause this?  Thanks!
>
> The warning about missing sound card is harmless (when the driver is
> built-in, the init scripts find no module for it that's normal), the
> absence of sound is another problem. What machine model is it exactly ?

iMac 333MHz. I have tried with the pmac_dma_sound as module and built-in, same
result:  no sound, even though the features are loaded, and that syslog complain
about missing slot-1.  I had included my config as well, in that message.

Jun 10 To: debian-powerpc@lists.deb (36,025) kernel compiling problems on iMac CRT

--
Martin-Éric Racine
http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/