Re: Mol still thinks I have an old kernel module installed...

Hi,

Mannequin* writes:

> I now have another question about networking.  I can't get it to
> work on MOL.

Did you consult README.Debian in /usr/share/doc/mol?  It contains a
few remarks about networking.

> The kernel module '/lib/modules/2.4.20-powerpc/misc/tun.o' appears
> to be missing.

> Alright, so my first question is, how do I get tun.o to be found?

The message is misleading, and has (finally) been fixed in the latest
unstable version of mol (uploaded yesterday).  The tun kernel module
has been loaded correctly, as you can probably see from the output of
`lsmod'.

> Or maybe more accurate, where do I go to get it installed,

It's already installed as part of kernel-image-2.4.20-powerpc in
/lib/modules/2.4.20-powerpc/kernel/drivers/net/tun.o.

> One last thing, that may not have anything to do with this: I used to
> have networking up through 'sheep.o' on the version of MOL 0.95.x that I
> was using before I upgraded and it broke. Because I don't use AppleTalk,
> would it be easier to use 'sheep.o' for TCP/IP since I don't use DHCP?
> If so, how would I go about getting it to work under the latest version
> of MOL/testing and OSX 10.2.6?

The tun netdriver is the recommended way of getting TCP/IP between
Linux and Mac OS X.  I'm not sure if sheep even works.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!