Re: Mol still thinks I have an old kernel module installed...

On 17 Jun 2003 07:19:50 +0200
Jens Schmalzing <jens.schmalzing@physik.uni-muenchen.de> wrote:

> Hi,

<snip>

> > Any ideas on how I can fix this problem so I can start using OSX
> > through Linux again?
>
> Assuming you followed the error message, did 'rmmod mol', and tried
> again with the same outcome, you probably have an obsolete version of
> the module installed.  There are no packages in testing that provide
> modules for your kernel.  Either install kernel-image-2.4.20-powerpc
> and mol-modules-2.4.20, or install mol-modules-source and appropriate
> kernel headers, and build your own modules.
>
> Regards, Jens.

Right, I did the 'rmmod mol' thing, as suggested originally. (I can at least do that.)

Anyway, now I've taken the installing mol-modules-source, and I built my own modules. Now mol is telling me there are unresolved symbols:

mannequin@cora:~$ sudo startmol --osx
Mac-on-Linux 0.9.69 Copyright (C) 1997-2003 Samuel Rydh
Starting MOL session 1
   /lib/modules/2.4.18-newpmac/misc/mol.o
/lib/modules/2.4.18-newpmac/misc/mol.o: unresolved symbol mem_map_Rec2a9bd0
/lib/modules/2.4.18-newpmac/misc/mol.o: unresolved symbol find_vma_R55c36a73
/lib/modules/2.4.18-newpmac/misc/mol.o: unresolved symbol force_sig_Rfcb944fb
  Failed to load the module - try recompiling the MOL kernel
  module. Instructions (and information about common problems)
  are available at <http://www.maconlinux.org>.

Should I take this to mol-general, or has someone delt with this before?

Thanks.
-Mannequin