Re: AmigaOne or Pegasos for a smallish server?

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:12:44 +0200, Rose Humphrey wrote:

Le lun 16/06/2003 à 01:02, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra a
écrit :

Currently your best bet is the AmigaOne (Teron PX), simply because there's
a lot more emphasis on making it into a viable Linux server/desktop. Plus

	Yet I understand the Pegasos come standard with Debian, while the
AmigaOne has LinuxPPC?  Or can you preinstall Debian as well?

The AmigaOne comes preinstalled with Debian.
We're currently using 2.4.21-rc1-benh0 for kernel.
2.4.19 Radeonfb had some problems with XFree 4.3, but this went away in 2.4.21.

The AmigaOne at 800MHz using a 750FX or a G4 is quite a bit faster than a Pegasos using a 600MHz 750CXe, but the price is higher and the board is larger (but can be built into a 1U server ;-) )

I'm not all that biased, really. I see advantages with both systems. I chose the AmigaOne, but I have nothing against the Pegasos as a hardware platform.

Incidentally, the AmigaOne crowd, drunk with power after using 68K
machines for so long, would also like HIGHMEM support fully debugged and
readily available in 2.4.21 :)

	That one flew over my head...

It was a reference to a previous email about HIGHMEM support for macs on this list :-)

--
AmigaOne dev list FAQ (when I say F, I mean F):
http://www.samfundet.no/~olegil/amiga/