Re: AmigaOne or Pegasos for a smallish server?

Le lun 16/06/2003 à 01:02, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra a
écrit :
> 	I want to setup a server with Debian and Samba for a dozen MS
> Windows 95 to XP clients.  Would like to have some growth space as the
> clients might become X terminals in the future, and use other services as
> web cache, fax server etc.
>
> 	Obviously I'd like to have a small SCSI RAID and tape backup.
>
> 	What would be the preferred system for stability now, AmigaOne or
> Pegasos?

Currently your best bet is the AmigaOne (Teron PX), simply because
there's a lot more emphasis on making it into a viable Linux
server/desktop. Plus the Pegasos is currently admittedly buggy, and
they're aiming at bringing out a new one before the end of the year
(expect more debigging etc before it's quite ready).

Of course, I have to declare an interest: I'm an AmigaOne distributor.
However, that really is the situation as I understand today.

Incidentally, the AmigaOne crowd, drunk with power after using 68K
machines for so long, would also like HIGHMEM support fully debugged and
readily available in 2.4.21 :)

--
Rose Humphrey
SARL Amont Informatique http://www.amont-info.com