From: nik gaffney <nik@f0.am>
Subject: Re: Configuring XFree86 on PowerBook G3 Lombard (Bronze)
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 15:34:39 +0200

> I need your help: I can't get Xserver 4.1.0.1 to work on my PowerBook G3.
> (I'm using Woody.)

i recall several threads here about getting xfree86 working on lombard, the
reassuring answer it that it does! and with acceleration ( if you are looking
for a challenge. . see http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/ for the relevant
dri-mach64 packages)

to begin with, the video chip is ati mach64, so the relevant bits of your
xfree86 config should look something like

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"Lombard LCD"
	Option		"DPMS"
	HorizSync 	31.5-57.0