Re: dist-uprgrade

On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 10:45:58PM -0700, Torben Brosten wrote:

> >Since you are a newbie, you must not upgrade to unstable.  You are on
> >your own for these kinds of errors in unstable. Please change your
> >sources to testing instead, if you want the most recent software, and
> >I bet you won't have any problems
> >

> Interesting.  I bought the 8CD set from cheapbytes and assumed it was
> for stable debian ppc 3r1. etc/apt/sources.list is showing the cdroms as
> "unstable".
>
> How do I switch to testing? Just comment out the cdroms and change the
> 'stable' to 'testing' for the other lines in sources.list?

yes, if you have a fast net connection, you can set up sources for a
net mirror (most have a testing archive). /sbin/base-config may be
helpful.

I wonder, though, if they are really unstable CDs. I wouldn't think
many people would want them. You could check the /.disk/info file on
the CD, I think that is supposed to say which distribution is
represented.

woody=stable
sarge=testing
sid=unstable