Re: dist-uprgrade

On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 09:56:57AM -0700, Demented Blitz wrote:
> I just finished installing debian woody following branden's without any media install and proceeded to do edit /apt/sources.list edited to unstable and did apt-get update then dist-upgrade but i get this following message.. I know you guys probbably ecountered it and sorry for my newbieness. Uh it says:
>
> This instllation run will require temporarily removing the essential package libpam-modules due to a conflict/rpre depends something... this is oftern bad, but if you really want to do it, activate the APT::Force-LoopBreak option.
>
> any help? suggestions to what to do? thanx in advance for ALL the help since my last 3 posts.

Since you are a newbie, you must not upgrade to unstable.  You are on
your own for these kinds of errors in unstable. Please change your
sources to testing instead, if you want the most recent software, and
I bet you won't have any problems.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
By the People, For the People