Configuring XFree86 on PowerBook G3 Lombard (Bronze)

Hello, All:

I need your help: I can't get Xserver 4.1.0.1 to work on my PowerBook G3. (I'm using Woody.)

I've never used X before - This is my first time using Linux as a desktop. I've only used it in a server environment in the past.

I've researched the video spec's at apple.com (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=43120) and by searching Google but wasn't able to find much of the information that the dpkg-reconfigure script (`dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86`) is asking for. e.g., Driver, sync/refresh rates, mouse type, keyboard type, etc.

I recall reading somewhere that the Lombard uses an ATI driver but can not find much else. Please help!

Eric P.
Sunnyvale, CA