Re: PowerBook 1Ghz 15" installation woes!

On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 01:20 AM, Francis Pressland wrote:

however after doing a startx, all I got was a black screen with a blurred white horizonal line about an inch from the bottom of my screen! This persisted after
re-booting.
this is what I had on mi TiBook before adding the correct modeline.

Have a look at this page: http://www.cattlegrid.net/~christophe/titanium/
It's really good for anyone who wants to get his 15" TiBook to work.

Basically what the main part (as of X) is:

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "LCD"
	Option       "DPMS"
	HorizSync    40 - 100
	VertRefresh  40 - 120

	Mode "1280x854"
		DotClock 79.816
		HTimings 1280 1296 1408 1536
		VTimings 854 855 858 866
		Flags "-HSync" "-VSync"
	EndMode
EndSection

If you still have problems with X drop me a line and I'll send you the config of my TiBook.

Cheers,
Simon