Re: Acard AEC6280 / ATP-865

Hi,

I uses the ACard 133 ATA pci card on my machine with no problems
as long as you compile your kernel with both:

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_AEC62XX=y
CONFIG_AEC62XX_TUNING=y

That last one is crucial.  Without TUNING=y my box will always hang on the
partition check for that card.

Here is what dmesg shows ...

AEC6280R: IDE controller on PCI bus 10 dev a0
AEC6280R: chipset revision 2
AEC6280R: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
AEC6280R: ROM enabled at 0x80090000
    ide2: BM-DMA at 0x0400-0x0407, BIOS settings: hde:pio, hdf:pio
    ide3: BM-DMA at 0x0408-0x040f, BIOS settings: hdg:pio, hdh:pio

In the OF device tree it looks like the following:
cd /proc/device-tree/@f2000000/ACARD,6280M@14

cd ACARD,6280M@14

hexdump device-id
0000000 0000 0009

hexdump vendor-id
0000000 0000 1191

So I would say you and I have exact same card.

BTW: If you use this card to hold your root partition then make sure you have
built your own installer kernel that has both config settings in place
otherwise it will not boot (I ran into this when I upgraded to YDL 3.0 but
their kernel does not include the TUNING config option and I could therefore
not get past the partition check.

With no extra options, after tuning it runs at UDMA(4).  I have not tried
UDMA(5) since my drive is not rated at that speed.

Hope this helps,

Kevin