recent kernel on SMP machine.

The last couple kernels I have tried failed to boot for me.
I use the same .config file from working kernels to build
new ones.

I just tried a kernel from rsync on bitkeeper downloaded
on the 17th (2.4.21-rc2).  I compile these kernels with
gcc 3.2.2/3 When I boot the kernel complains about not being
able to initialize the second CPU.  This line repeats over
and over.  A kernel I tried a couple weeks previous
to that gave an oops. The last kernel I have been able to run
successfully is 2.4.21-pre2.

Is anyone using a recent kernel on a SMP machine?

I have a Dual 533 "Snakebite" G4 Macintosh.

Fred

Error Loading Explorer.exe
You must reinstall Windows.