Re: Kernel BenH

On  21 May, this message from vinai echoed through cyberspace:
> On Wed, 21 May 2003, Jule Slootbeek wrote:
>
>> Well i got the kernel compiled, but when i restart and use it, my
>> keyboard is mapped strangly, the 8 key is enter and the e key is
>> backspace, is there a fix for that problem?
>
> Maybe this is a problem because you are not using Linux keycodes? To
> make sure you are using Linux codes, check the .config file for your
> kernel source, and see if you have this line:

[snip]

> There is also a way to change this at boot time via setting the value
> of a file within the /proc directory, but I can't remember the exact
> command that will let you do that. The archives should be able to give
> you that info.

That would be this line in /etc/sysctl.conf:

  dev/mac_hid/keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1

or, in the running system,

  echo 1 >/proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes

If this doesn't fix it, see whether the above command gives an error
(you'd need to do tat logged-in remote, though..), and report that back.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |