RE: Xfree86 / Debian 3.0 / ibook2 problems

Tomorrow (20.05.03), at 12:33am, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 23:23, Gurujiwan Khalsa wrote:
> >
> > Thursday (15.05.03), at 8:28am, Pisupati, Ajay wrote:
> >
> > > Read Jesus Climent's most excellent page.  at
> > > www.hispalinux.es/~data/ibook/ specifically - configuring the
> > > system.
> >
> > After installing Michel Daenzer's xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk as
> > described on the above page I can at least get X to start.  However
> > the display looks terrible, with lines and interference thoughout
> > the screen.  Once I kill the session, the console is unusable until
> > I reboot.
>
> If you aren't using Option "UseFBDev" yet, do so. If that doesn't
> help, you may need a newer benh kernel.

Yes, I am using Option "UseFBDev".  Anyways, after reading:

<http://www.ppckernel.org/kernel.php?id=21>

I decided to install 2.4.21-pre6, following the instructions at:

<http://www.ibooklinux.net/plain_page.php?caller=ibooklinux.php3+record=85>

and when I try to boot the new benh kernel, the keyboard map is totally
screwed (ie, "m" sends "z", "q" sends "\n", etc).  I can't even log
on to run 'depmod -a' and so on.  What is causing this, and how can I
avoid it?

Thanks,
Gurujiwan