Re: can't ./configure kallery....

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 21:34, Mich Lanners wrote:
> > Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
> >
> > Whats this? seems like everything installs, but anyway I don't like
> > WARNING and more over when I don't understand it and its about C
> > librarys.
>
> Well, the message is clear, no? glibc doesn't support the locale you're
> using .-).
>
> compare the output of 'locale', and see whether the locale settings you
> see in there have an equivalent line in the output of 'locale -a'.
>
> 'locale' shows your locale config, and locale -a shows what your glibc
> supports.
>
> If your urrent locale isn't supported (which the message above
> indicates), either change your locale setting, or make glibc support it
> (man locale-gen for more info, dpkg-reconfigure locales to change
> things).
>
> Cheers
>
> Michel

Hmm, this is the locale output:

LANG=C
LC_CTYPE="C"
LC_NUMERIC="C"
LC_TIME="C"
LC_COLLATE="C"
LC_MONETARY="C"
LC_MESSAGES="C"
LC_PAPER="C"
LC_NAME="C"
LC_ADDRESS="C"
LC_TELEPHONE="C"
LC_MEASUREMENT="C"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="C"
LC_ALL=

and locale -a tells me:

POSIX

I assume C in locale and C in locale -a are the same, no?
furthermore, as I understand man locale-gen & man locale.gen there
should be something configured in the locale.gen file to use something
that is not default, but its just the generic file, no configs done.
running dpkg-reconfigure and put it to C as default explicitly didn't
help aswell.
any further hints?

Cheers
benjamin