Re: DRM on iMac with UNSTABLE

I've tried the 'XaaNo...' options you suggested.  These are the
minimum options I can use to have X start up without freezing.

(**) R128(0): Option "XaaNoScreenToScreenCopy"
(**) R128(0): Option "XaaNoSolidFillRect"
(**) R128(0): Option "XaaNoMono8x8PatternFillRect"

The X log shows that Direct Rendering is then enabled at 16bit.  However, xglgears freezes the system and in general windows are slower to draw (i.e. acceleration is not working)

thanks for your help

Joss