Re: Problems with DRI (missing /dev/dri/card0)

On Die, 2003-04-29 at 18:57, Reto Stalder wrote:
> > > OK, DRM runs now. But, mplayer is much slower as before ;-(. I've read
> > > the following line in /var/log/XFree86:
> > >
> > > (II) RADEON(0): [drm] created "radeon" driver at busid
> > > "PCI:0:16:0".0.log:
> > >
> > > Could it be, that the graphic card is accessed via pci and not via agp
> > > (even if there are so many agp entries in the log)?
> >
> > This isn't the problem. With DRI disabled, the X server can't use AGP at
> > all.
> But DRI should be enabled now:

[...]

It is indeed, hence even if the DRI could only use PCI, that wouldn't
explain the regression in mplayer performance.

Fact is that the DRI doesn't have any direct influence on the XVideo
code of the radeon driver.

> > How do you determine that it's slower? Does it use the same output
> It runs much less fluently than before.
>
> > method in both cases? ...
> Yes, I've tried the same methods (xv and x11).

No idea what's up then. xine and friends have been working better for me
anyway lately.