Re: Problems with DRI (missing /dev/dri/card0)
- To: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Problems with DRI (missing /dev/dri/card0)
- From: Reto Stalder <email@example.com>
- Date: 29 Apr 2003 18:57:16 +0200
- Message-id: <1051635436.349.12.camel@boskop>
- In-reply-to: <1051633214.19428.25.camel@thor>
- References: <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org> <1051622234.389.20.camel@boskop> <1051633214.19428.25.camel@thor>
On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 18:20, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > > You don't have to, the X server creates them as needed. 'No such device'
> > > means the driver for a device (i.e. the DRM in this case) isn't present.
> > OK, DRM runs now. But, mplayer is much slower as before ;-(. I've read
> > the following line in /var/log/XFree86:
> > (II) RADEON(0): [drm] created "radeon" driver at busid
> > "PCI:0:16:0".0.log:
> > Could it be, that the graphic card is accessed via pci and not via agp
> > (even if there are so many agp entries in the log)?
> This isn't the problem. With DRI disabled, the X server can't use AGP at
But DRI should be enabled now:
(II) RADEON(0): [DRI] installation complete
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] Added 32 65536 byte vertex/indirect buffers
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] Mapped 32 vertex/indirect buffers
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] dma control initialized, using IRQ 48
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] Initialized kernel agp heap manager, 5111808
(II) RADEON(0): Direct rendering enabled
Or am I wrong?
> How do you determine that it's slower? Does it use the same output
It runs much less fluently than before.
> method in both cases? ...
Yes, I've tried the same methods (xv and x11). Direct Graphic Access and
fbdev don't work.
Visit us on www.volleytotal.ch