PBG4 12" and "video=ofonly"

Hello all!

Using PBG4 12" with Woody. It contains a Nvidia Geforce 420 Go graphic
adapter.
When I boot, I need the yaboot-option append="video=ofonly" for
getting an usable console. Otherwhiles I get a small console in the
center of my LCD which doesn't work proper.

As I read, there is a problem after returning from XFree to console
resulting in something that could be the console I get without the
append="video=ofonly".

So my question is if there exists any possibility to get back to that
video=ofonly behavior (sorry for my simple minded explanation).

TIA for any advice &

--

M.f.G.

Georg Koss