Re: sound on a powerbook
- To: debian-powerpc <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: sound on a powerbook
- From: Brett Carter <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 10:30:25 -0700
- Message-id: <20030418173025.GB7768@lucy>
- In-reply-to: <1050490927.1448.1.camel@lisp>
- References: <1050490927.1448.1.camel@lisp>
On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 01:02:07PM +0200, florian wrote:
> i was wondering: is it worth to install alsa on a
> powerbook? or do the normal kernel modules work
> just as well?
IMO, no unless you're looking to do low-latency audio. For most programs,
you end up using oss-emulation support anyways.
> to have more than one app play sound i would have
> to install esd, right?
Yeah, which you'd probably still have to do for alsa, unless the clients
you're using support alsa natively