Re: powerbook 15" 1Ghz question ...
- To: Michael Flaig <email@example.com>
- Cc: debian-powerpc <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: powerbook 15" 1Ghz question ...
- From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <email@example.com>
- Date: 17 Apr 2003 14:51:42 +0200
- Message-id: <1050583902.559.9.camel@gaston>
- In-reply-to: <20030417123240.GC3785@saratoga.starfleet>
- References: <20030416141619.GB6532@saratoga.starfleet> <1050527473.989.4.camel@debian> <20030417123240.GC3785@saratoga.starfleet>
On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 14:32, Michael Flaig wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 11:11:13PM +0200, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 16:16, Michael Flaig wrote:
> > Good, I just got mine today ;)
> i wonder if you have all notebooks released by apple *g*
I would love to ;) I only have the new M9 tipb, the old M6 based
one that I'm about to sell, an old Pismo and I had a wallstreet for
some time. I do like notebooks a lot ;) though I don't have a
decent desktop machine.
> > > How long can you work with your powerbook on battery power?
> > I haven't had it for long enough yet ;) I set it up so that it switches
> > the CPU to 667Mhz when running on battery, it seem to have reasonable
> > consumption, I suspect it can go up to 4 hours, maybe more if you are
> > careful.
> I expected more than 4 hrs. at medium display brightness ...
> So I ask myself why to buy an 1Ghz if I get only get up to 4 hours on
> battery if I switch back to 667 Mhz...
Well, that was an approximation. Jens Axboe told me he got close to 5
> Do you know If there will be an Powerbook with bigger battery or an G4
> with lower power consumption in the near future?
I don't know.