RE: powerbook 15" 1Ghz question ...

Pardon my ignorance on which 15" 1GHz machine
this is (I am researching getting a 15" machine
for Debian PPC in the near future), but I heard
a rumor about a "newer" version of the 15" that
is comparable to the 17" (save of course the screen
size) in the works and possibly on the shelf at
Apple HQ's warehouse.  Does anyone know of this
(confirm/deny, elaborate, etc.) since I would not
mind trying or taking a crack at Debian PPC on
some new(er) hardware.

TIA.

--- Crawford