Re: keymaps

Most of these files should already be in /usr/share/keymaps/i386 as part of
the console-data package. It's odd that they're in i386, but it's because the
ppc kernel is now using the "default" linux keycodes (and we all know that
"default linux" = i386 :)

The mac-usb-qwertz-layout is identical to qwertz-layout. (It's just the
alphabet keys, after all.)

It and mac-linux-keys-bare.inc are in /usr/share/keymaps/i386/include (and
they're gz compressed).

mac-usb-euro.kmap is in /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty, but it should be
deleted. Use /usr/share/keymaps/i386/include/euro.inc.gz instead. There's
lots of these problems with the mac-usb-* keymaps.

Then again, there's /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwertz/fr_CH-latin1.kmap.gz, which
should be the same as for Swiss German (and Swiss Italian, too, I think.)
These should probably all be symbolic links to each other. The French here in
Switzerland type french with a German keyboard.

Let me know if any of these work for you. I am interested in fixing these
keymaps over time. Especially check that you can switch from the Linux
console to X by using <ctrl>-<option>-<F7> and <ctrl>-<option>-<F1> as that
was a problem for Woody and US keymaps.

Also, these fixes are only in the console, not in X.

Frank