Re: would this break my debian installation?

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 10:48, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> But IMHO the point is that MOL, and by extension the OS and apps running
> within it, can't access any parts of the disk unless you allow it to.
> Did you let it access the whole disk? Or is/was there a bug which would
> allow to circumvent this restriction?

I put the appropriate part of molrc.osx as

blkdev:         /dev/hda        -rw

According to comments in that file, only HFS+ partitions are exported,
unless -whole flag is used.  So one can make a type HFS partition first
and export only it, but I do not know how to make OS X identify and
offer this volume as a target for itself.  Or, one can leave blank
space, export like the line above, and have OS X's "disk utility" plow
the drive.

I'm at a loss about what's the best way to handle this.  I resort to
installing OS X first at the back of the drive (to run in mol or
whatnot), and then installing Linux.