Re: would this break my debian installation?

On Monday, April 7, 2003, at 03:08  pm, Gary Sandine wrote:

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 04:12, Clive Menzies wrote:

I am no expert but I'm sure I've read here and elsewhere that the MacOS
Apple boot block needs to be the first partition on the disk.
Certainly when I installed Debian on my G4 I installed MacOSX first.

Yes I had set it up ahead of time with the necessary partitions at the
front of the drive, preparing to attempt an OS X install from w/in mol.
I left empty space at the back of the drive OS X's HFS+ file system.

The OS X disk utility in the installer killed the existing Linux
partitions that were in use (it was kind of "exciting" [because I did
not care about having to do a Linux reinstall] to wait and see what
would happen next, when I realized what had happened).  One window
disappeared at a time, until I was left with a blank screen.

I guess Apple don't expect people to run anything but Darwin - strange ;-) So are you saying that you can't install OSX on top of Mac-on-Linux? I was thinking of trying it....

Regards

Clive
____________________________
Who says middle America supports this act of aggression in the Middle East?:
http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=15453

What is it like to be an Iraqi in Baghdad?
http://www.dear_raed.blogspot.com/

Clive Menzies & Associates Limited
strategies for business
http://www.clivemenzies.co.uk