OBP option passing (Booting with Linux/PPC Bootloader)

Hi,

I successfully installed Linux on a Motrola Powerstack (604e CPU, PReP Archicture). The only thing that makes me wonder is if it isn't possible to disable the Linux/PPC bootloader. IMO the options specified for the kernel (root=, console= etc.) can per default compiled to the kernel using "Default bootloader kernel arguments". Changing the defaults could be done at the OK-Prompt, e.g. "boot /pci/scsi@2/disk@2,0 root=/dev/sda4 console=tty0".
Is this possible or am I missing something? (The way OBP would like to pass option to a loaded kernel, for example?)

Kind regards
Christian