Re: Install problem, no boot after all

if you have a working macos install cd, and about 50mb of free disk space---
i would reccomend the setup that has worked for me on machines such as
yours.

1. make a 20-50mb macos hfs partition, and install macos onto it.
2. install the program 'bootx' on the macos side
3. get the install kernel and ramdisk image from the debian ftp site here:
ftp://ftp.debian.org//debian/dists/woody/main/disks-powerpc/current/powermac
/

4. setup bootx to use the install kernel, and ramdisk, reboot and install
the base system.

5. get a better kernel, that is optimised for that machine here:
http://www.ppckernel.org/kernel.php?id=24

6. re-configure bootx with the new kernel, and reboot.
7. install the rest of your packages and enjoy!

dylan