Re: New sleep code for ATI M6, M7 and M9

On Son, 2003-03-23 at 10:18, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 02:54, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> Can you all try with DRI and PCI GART instead of AGP GART ?
>
> Also, Michel, what is X doing ? Is it always re-enabling AGP on wakeup ?

No, only with Option "DRIReinit", and even then only if a client isn't
keeping the DRM open during sleep.

> Is it making sure all ring processing is completely finished before
> sleep ?

The X server basically emulates a VT switch for sleep, so the radeon
driver stops the CP, which is supposed to flush and idle it, but I guess
it's possible that this doesn't work perfectly yet.