Re: New sleep code for ATI M6, M7 and M9

Hello again,

> Well, DRIReinit won't work if clients keep the DRM open (e.g. Qt does
> that even when it doesn't use any OpenGL contexts), but in that case
> it should really have no effect at all, and the logfile snippet from
> the other person with the same problem showed it working.
>

> > Do I have to do something special in order to get apm emulation
> > working?
>
> No, but you only know it's working when there's a line
>
> (II) Open APM successful
>
> in the X server log.
OK, it is in my XFree86.0.log. Even the apm monitor in gkrellm works
fine, so I suppose that apm emulation works perfectly ;-)

titanium:~# cat /proc/apm
0.5 1.1 0x00 0x01 0x00 0x01 99% -1 min

But I noticed the same than Brett Carter, when I comment

Load "dri"

sleep mode works great! I also use alsa and I can not see any difference
when alsa or dmasound_pmac is loaded, both work great without loading
dri and both do not work when dri is loaded.

Thanks for your precious help

raph

clef publique :
http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~proust/raph-pub-key.txt

S'il vous plaît, évitez de m'envoyer des attachements au format Word ou
PowerPoint. Voir
http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.fr.html