Re: IBM chrp net boot...

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 04:14:22PM -0600, Rolf Brudeseth wrote:

:However, I have not yet tested this, but I believe the steps are as follows
:(in addition to BOOTP kernel config):

If I can get a netbootable kernel, I'm well on my way.  I've written
an NFS based installer for the ia32 systems in the lab and have net
installed a few sparc/linux systems as well.

It seems like we should have some nfs install images available, I
recall that being part of the Debian/Sparc install suite (long with
the floppy images on the CD).

Seeing as this doesn't exist yet, is it possible to build a 64bit ChRP
kernel on a Blue and White Mac G3?  this is the only other PowerPC
system I have ready access to, though I'd need to install Linux on
that to even start,  the p655's have no removable media at all...

The other option is boot strapping from AIX, though I don't even know
where to begin there...

Thanks,
-Jon