Serial support

I'm trying to get a laserwriter select 300 to print, and it's just not
happening.  Whenever something tries to access /dev/ttyS1, the machine
locks up until the printer is turned off.  Likewise, stty 57600 <
/dev/ttyS1 locks up the machine until the printer is turned off.  The
machine is a 6500.  It prints fine from Mac OS.  I tried the
2.2.20-pmac kernel, and the 2.4.18-newpmac kernel.  Both did the same
thing.  Any ideas?

| Eddie J Schwartz <EdMcMan@despammed.com> http://www.m00.net |
| AIM: The Cypher ICQ: 35576339 YHOO: edmcman2 MSN:edmcman@^  |
| SMS: 7174716174@vtext.com "We Trills have an expression--   |
|  at forty, you think you know everything. At four hundred   |
|  hundred, you realize you know nothing." - Dax, ST-DS9      |