Apt problems

Hi

I tried to run an apt-get update and received the following error
message:

Reading Package Lists... Error!
E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
E: Error occured while processing muttzilla (NewVersion1)
E: Problem with MergeList
/var/lib/apt/lists/sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch_ftp_mirror_debian_dists_unstable_contrib_binary-powerpc_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

I deleted /var/lib/apt/lists/*.Packages, /var/lib/apt/lists/*.Release
and /var/lib/dpkg/available but the error remains.

Then I installed the latest libc6 (2.3.1-14) and the dependencies by
hand, but still with no success.

I am running a mix between woody and unstable on my rev. A iMac with
kernel 2.4.20-ben6.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings
Theo