Re: where is the tilde ~ on my TiBook?

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 01:36:41PM +0000, Benjamin Swatek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm a newbie to this list, linux and debian, but I'm trying to install
> debian on my tibook.
> now i found "Debian GNU Linux on a TiBook III" on the web, which seems
> to be a good help to get debian running, but to work as described
> there, I need the ~ for a web direction.
> Where is it?

I guess it depend where you bought your laptop. I have a US TiBook3 and
the ~ is just below the ESC small key and need the Shift modifier.

I am not sure to understand why you need this key to start. But if this
is to type the URL of my page that you seems to mention, you can forget
the tilde:

   http://cattlegrid.net/christophe/titanium/

> beside of this i do have other problems, but i want to get X running
> first, but if anyone can give me more hints about comon problems or
> web-directions with usefull reading stuff i'd be very happy.
>
> Cheers
> benjamin

Ce que l'on conçoit bien s'énonce clairement,
Et les mots pour le dire arrivent aisément.
   Nicolas Boileau, L'Art poétique