where is the tilde ~ on my TiBook?

Hi!

I'm a newbie to this list, linux and debian, but I'm trying to install debian on my tibook. now i found "Debian GNU Linux on a TiBook III" on the web, which seems to be a good help to get debian running, but to work as described there, I need the ~ for a web direction.
Where is it?

beside of this i do have other problems, but i want to get X running first, but if anyone can give me more hints about comon problems or web-directions with usefull reading stuff i'd be very happy.

Cheers
benjamin