Re: PBG4 12", NVIDIA Geforce4 420 Go and vga-out

Good evening again,
thank you for reply, Orion!

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 03:20:11PM -0600, Orion Buckminster Montoya wrote:

>                                   ... If I boot with an external
> monitor, I get nothing on the display until the kernel starts loading,
> and then:
>
> ... ok
> copying OF device tree...done
> Initializing fake screen: NVDA,Display-A
> Calling quiesce ...
> returning 0x01400000 from prom_init
> _
>
> then nothing until I startx, which blanks the screen for good.

Hmm ...

>                                                                If I
> reboot from an X session (since I can't quit X otherwise without
> losing the console) ...

I read the thread you inaugurated about that, what you or probably
anybody else think the problem might be here? You moved any steps
furhter to a solution on that?

> I am confident that this will work eventually, but not yet.

I hope so, indeed!

THX again for this description and good luck with that fine PB ;)

I wish you a peaceful day &&

G'd evening

--

M.f.G.