Pine for Debian

This isn't specificly a ppc-debian issue, but hopefuly someone will have some insite... I am trying to install the PINE mail/news reader on my new Dibian system. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a package for it (thought pine-docs is available). Is there some reason that this widely (at least to my eyes) used email client is left out of the distribution? What is the cleanest way for me to install it w/out a debian package available (convert an RPM maybe)?

Thanks,
-Ian