Re: Pine for Debian

Ian Pushee wrote:

This isn't specificly a ppc-debian issue, but hopefuly someone will have some insite... I am trying to install the PINE mail/news reader on my new Dibian system. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a package for it (thought pine-docs is available). Is there some reason that this widely (at least to my eyes) used email client is left out of the distribution?

Yes; it doesn't adhere to Debian's policy of Free Software. Most Debian-ites find Mutt to be a better replacement.

What is the cleanest way for me to install it w/out a debian package available (convert an RPM maybe)?

Since I avoid non-Free software when I can, I'm not the one to answer this. Sorry.

Kent