Re: Upgrading from stable to testing

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 02:26:39PM +1100, Michael Lake wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am interested in upgrading from stable to testing but have a few
> qualms... well will it go OK as I spend quite some time getting Debian
> stable onto this machine.
> I am running Debian stabel on a Ti G4 PowerBook 667MHz with the  radeon
> graphics chip.
> I am running the benh kernel and the dri trunk of XFree.

michael,

i just installed on a similar machine (800Mhz with radeon M7, 15").
after the base install (pre-X) i upgraded to sid and things went very
smoothly. i realize you have invested a good deal of time getting stable
dialed in, so your update is clearly different, but i thought a quick
note to let you know things work very nicely on sid would help.

i basically followed the excellent instructions at:
http://www.cattlegrid.net/~christophe/titanium/

the only thing i've not had success with is getting sleep to function
properly. at times when sending the machine into sleep the screen gets
garbled and the machine hangs forcing a reboot. other times it goes to
sleep but i can't get the machine to wake up.

other than that, this is a very nice machine and debian runs great on
it. kudos to all the powerpc developers.

--
Serge Rey	http://typhoon.sdsu.edu/rey.html
It's a half an inch of water and you think you're gonna drown.