Re: Initializing linux partition on install results in reboot.

Hi Joel,

Joel Schander <jschande@cs.cuc.edu> schrieb am 11.02.03 20:22:29:
> Attempting to Initialize and Activate Swap Partition resulted in the box
> apparently sitting idle for about three minutes, then rebooting.
As strange as this may sound, you might have a memory problem. You should check the DIMMs by removing all of them, and trying to boot the machine with just one DIMM installed.
I had the problem some time ago, having 4x128MB+2x32MB(+16MB onboard) installed in my Umax Pulsar I ended up with exactly the same strange behaviour. I reinitialised the partition map (although this is something you should try, too), removed all disks possible because I thought it could be some kind of misbehaviour of one of the disks etc. I got the DIMMs on eBay and one day I received an eMail of the seller, telling me that one of the DIMMs might be faulty. I ran the test above and found out that one DIMM actually wasn't working.

Hope that helps

Werden Sie kreativ! Bei WEB.DE FreeMail heisst es jetzt nicht nur schreiben,
sondern auch gestalten. http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021142