Configuring Sound

Hello,

	I have an iMac running Debian 3.0 (Woody Release) fine, thanks to the help from the group in configuring my X and mouse. I have the following problem :

	when kde starts it gives the followin information :

			Sound Server Informational Message

			Error in initialising the sound server
			SNDCTL_DSP_SETFMT failed --- invalid argument

			The sound server shall continue, using the null output device

	Thus, I do not have any sound working. Please can you help in configuring the same ?

	Thanking you,

--

Partha Pratim Ghosh

Post Doctoral Fellow
Topology and Category Theory Research Group
Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics
University of Cape Town
Rondebosch 7701
Cape Town
South Africa

Telephone : 	(0)27-21-6504527
e-mail	  :	pghosh@maths.uct.ac.za
		vsatsxc@cal.vsnl.net.in
Home Page :	http://www.topos.netfirms.com

"Mathematics is a game, play it..."

"Algebra : Analysis :: Anatomy : Physiology"

"... only algebra is dull and only topology is boring, it is
their mixture that is interesting..."