Configuring Sound

	I have an iMac running Debian 3.0 (Woody Release) fine, thanks to the help from the group in configuring my X and mouse. I have the following problem :

	when kde starts it gives the followin information :

			Sound Server Informational Message

			Error in initialising the sound server
			SNDCTL_DSP_SETFMT failed --- invalid argument

			The sound server shall continue, using the null output device

	Thus, I do not have any sound working. Please can you help in configuring the same ?

	Thanking you,

Partha Pratim Ghosh

Post Doctoral Fellow
Topology and Category Theory Research Group
Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics
University of Cape Town
Rondebosch 7701
Cape Town
South Africa

Telephone : 	(0)27-21-6504527
e-mail	  :	pghosh@maths.uct.ac.za
Home Page :	http://www.topos.netfirms.com

"Mathematics is a game, play it..."

"Algebra : Analysis :: Anatomy : Physiology"

"... only algebra is dull and only topology is boring, it is
their mixture that is interesting..."