Re: Trouble with Dual boot MacOSX/Woody - Yaboot on G4 Gigabit

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 08:52:32PM +0000, gimli wrote:
> > Did you guys know that OSX has to reside within the first 8 Gb of the
> > hard disk ?
>
> My OS X is past the first 15 GB of my drive and it works just fine...

The 8G limit only applies to older versions of Open Firmware that still
used an old IDE standard that couldn't address anything past 8G. Any
machine with a more recent version of the firmware understands the
newer version of the IDE standard that allows for bigger drives. So
you only have to worry on a few older models, particularly early G3
based models. It is also specific to IDE drives.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com