Re: The SmokeTest : Black Terrazzo Screen, No Boot, No Woody

On Sunday, February 9, 2003, at 09:19  pm, Winther wrote:

Hi

Im installing Debian on my Powermac 6400/200 (late stoneage hw)

Everything seemed well until "Please, remove all floppy CD"
And then Boot "for the very first time"

It didnt boot
The HD ran for 3 secs and then stopped
The screen had a nice terrazzo pattern !
:-) and thats all :-(

But the worst was yet to come:
Tried booting from my floppies
What floppies ?? The machine didnt seem to recognice the drive -
screen in terrazzo & stop

During installation I repartitionened my harddisk, and I fear that I have been a little too eager For now I'm stuck with a machine that does'nt seem to have a active bootloader,
And with no possibility for booting from a floppy or CD

That's it !

Now for the prayer ! To whom it may concern.
Aside from throwing this fine piece o hw out o da window, what can be done ???

Any suggestion welcome.

If you've got a MacOS CD you could try holding "C" with the CD in the drive If that doesn't work try resetting PRAM cmd+opt+P+R (hold down all four keys whilst booting) wait 'til you hear chimes and then try holding "C" again. Have you got a Mac OS installed on the box?
Regards

Clive