Re: Installer doesn't see the drive on a dual 867

Ok... here's what I don't understand.

Apparently the disk is /dev/hda for the installer, but it's ultra2 for
OF.

I reinstalled everything, and then run this command:

     mkofboot --boot /dev/hda9 -m /usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot --root \
     /dev/hda11 --partition 11

It runs fine, and it creates the right file on the bootstrap partition
(/dev/hda9 for the installer).

Now here comes the fun part.

When I reboot the system after this, I get a white screen... nothing
happens. I have to reboot the machine, and if I go to the OF prompt, I
can type 'boot ultra2:9,yaboot'.

BUT, on the next screen, when I try to just hit enter (or type Linux and
then enter, doesn't matter) it says

Can't open device <hd:0>
hd:11,/vmlinux: Unable to open file, Invalid device

Any ideas? because apparently OF uses 'ultra2' and linux uses '/dev/hda'
and it's not liking it...

Benja