Re: Frozen cursor after logout; CLI escape

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 12:53:30PM -0700, Marc Stergionis wrote:
> Two questions now that I've upgraded.
>
> Debian always goes to a graphic login. I've tried changing
> /etc/inittab to runlevel 3, 4 and 5 but have never gotten a text
> login. How do I?

It sounds as though you don't want the graphic login, but you have
installed some package whose sole reason for existence is that graphic
login.  The cleanest solution is to remove the package -- "apt-get
remove --purge xdm", in the likely case that you installed the task
package "x-window-manager" (which brings in "xdm").

--
John (MacPhail)